As companies strive to be more nimble and focus productivity on innovation, workplace automation is taking center stage. With the right tools, like Microsoft Power Automate, everyone can reduce time-consuming tasks to focus on what matters most. In fact, the month after Microsoft Ignite, where we announced Power Automate Desktop was available at no additional cost for Windows 10 users, Power Automate increased download rates six times month-over-month, empowering even more customers with automation.
This is a testament to the untapped opportunity that no-code robotic process automation (RPA) offers to help customers automate repetitive tasks and workflows. The robust RPA capabilities is one piece of what you can do with Microsoft Power Automate. It is a comprehensive intelligent automation solution that covers the spectrum of automation needs from API-based automation with 475 and more connectors via cloud flows to UI-based automation with robotic process automation and AI Builder.
Today, we are making it even easier to prioritize the processes best suited for automation. Process advisor, now generally available, is a process mining capability that provides insights into how people work and takes the guesswork out of automation. You can now map workflow tasks, discover organizational bottlenecks, and identify which time-consuming tasks are best suited for automation—all from within Power Automate. Process advisor is available to all customers with the Power Automate per user or per user with attended RPA plans.
Gain deeper insights with application analytics
Application analytics (in preview) allows you to gain more insights from recordings by understanding application usage. You can learn more about application analytics and what these reports offer along with the highlights below:
- Quickly identify patterns and trends: Identify the top apps used in a process. The time spent by application and actions by application pie charts shows the distribution of time spent and actions per app.
- Reprioritize time by identifying inefficiencies: The application switching bar chart shows which application pairs are most often used together, highlighting repetitive tasks like copy and paste from one app to another. The application usage scatter plot identifies applications for which activities cannot be completed without jumping out to other apps and back multiples times.
- Streamline processes with deeper insights: Drilldown the app insights for each activity or recording. Identify different usage patterns within a process and find the most optimal way to complete the process.
Turn insights into action with recommended automations
Identify new opportunities to streamline how you work with the automation recommendation (in preview) feature and get more insights into what to automate using Power Automate. See recommendations and automation opportunities within a process map and quickly implement the recommended automations using the smart automation and guided steps. Read more about automation recommendations.
- dentify automation opportunities: Leverage the intuitive interface to see which activities are occurring the most in your processes that could be automated in Power Automate.
- Scale automation faster with built-in connectors: Discover where you can benefit from automation and get recommendations for which connectors to use in your process automation. With built-in connectivity to over 475 first- and third-party apps and services, you can scale and implement automation faster.
- Get started quickly with guided steps: Implement automation with ease using the recommended guided steps that serve as a building block in creating your process automations.