2021 release wave 1 plan
The 2021 release wave 1 delivers a set of features that are designed to simplify and improve the way partners administer tenants, and the way administrators manage licensing and permissions. Some new features as:
- Partner telemetry – signal when a field was added to or removed from field monitoring
- System requirement for the database relaxed to compatibility mode
- Improve the reliability of the database export operation for larger databases with more companies
- Reassign an environment from one Azure Active Directory organization to another (through Microsoft Support).
With Business Central 2021 release wave 1, we’ll deliver features for some of the most requested areas for improvement, such as banking, payments, and continued improvements to performance. Some new features as:
- Bin codes in jobs.
- Bank reconciliation improvements.
- Automatic creation of lot and serial number information cards.
- Define lot sizes for various stages of production.
- Dimension corrections (for G/L Entries).
- Inventory documents – new capability to adjust your inventory.
Better with Microsoft 365
In Business Central 2021 release wave 1, we made collaborative business processes in Microsoft Teams more efficient, we add support for Universal Print, and we harden the Excel and Outlook add-ins. Some new features as:
- Export any list part to Excel.
- Search for customers, vendors, and other contacts from Microsoft Teams.
- Enablement of Word merge in Business Central.
Microsoft Power Platform
With Business Central 2021 release wave 1, we improve integration with Microsoft Dataverse and Microsoft Power Platform.
New features are:
- Synchronize item availability from Business Central to Dynamics 365 Sales.
- Enable Power BI connector to work with Business Central APIs, instead of with web services only.
- Virtual tables for Microsoft Dataverse.