Dynamics 365 Business Central is a popular business management solution for small and mid-sized organizations. It streamlines and automates business processes such as finance, supply chain, manufacturing, shipping, project management, services, and more.
The 2023 release wave 1 comes with many new features and updates that aim to enhance the usability and adaptability of the application while improving productivity and compliance for organizations using the application.
Improved Support for Managing Multiple Companies
One of the significant updates in the 2023 release wave 1 is the improved support for managing multiple companies. The intercompany features have been enhanced, reducing the time it takes to onboard customers.
This release creates seamless onboarding experiences that are supported by quality content from Microsoft and its partners. This feature allows organizations to manage their finances, supply chain, manufacturing, shipping, project management, services, and more across multiple companies with ease.
Automating Regulatory Tasks
Another update that aims to help organizations stay compliant with various government regulations is the automation of regulatory tasks. The application will provide features that automate regulatory tasks, allowing organizations to focus on their primary business. For example, the application will add support for non-deductible VAT in its W1 version and then, in phases, add it to Microsoft country versions that support VAT.
Usability is always a focus in every release of Dynamics 365 Business Central. In the 2023 release wave 1, usability has been boosted by enhancing efficiency when working with lists of records. Users can now personalize columns by adding any field from the table, use bulk actions on multiple rows, and get more comprehensive views to work faster and smarter.
Visual Studio Code AL Explorer
The productivity of developers and consultants has been improved by introducing Visual Studio Code AL Explorer. This feature offers seamless collaboration on development through GitHub and adds self-service capabilities for administrators who manage apps and environments. ISVs can now perform transactions through the AppSource marketplace.
Adapt Faster with Microsoft Power Platform
The application has made it easier to set up approval workflows in Business Central so that people can be more productive by automating more of their processes. Additionally, Microsoft is delivering sample apps to help Power Apps makers get started faster.
Want to learn more about Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 Release Wave 1? Check out this Microsoft’s official release plan.
Other Updates in the 2023 Release Wave 1 Include:
Financials area: Investment in intercompany capabilities and enabling the possibility for general ledger settlement. All countries will be able to export SAF-T audit files.
- Supply chain capabilities: Improved with several optimizations and enhancements that let you run your inventory and warehouse processes more efficiently.
- Country and regional support: More countries and regions are added to bring Business Central to more than 100 countries and regions.
- Development enhancements: The application has moved entirely to Visual Studio Code, where Microsoft continues to invest in areas that enhance productivity for developers. For example, Visual Studio Code Visual Designers lets consultants create simple, per-customer extensions. Developers are also getting better compiler resource management and code analyzer performance. The permissions system is being modernized to make it easier for developers to define and maintain permissions that are easy to understand.
- Governance and administration: The application delivers a set of additional self-service features to help administrators manage their environments.
- Legislation: The release enables support for non-deductible VAT in the W1 version, which Microsoft will upgrade to country versions in upcoming minor releases.
- Onboarding: Organizations can get to productive use of the application faster thanks to improved in-app guidance and user assistance.
- Productive with Microsoft 365: The efficiency of collaborative business processes in Microsoft Teams is being improved.
- Reporting and data analysis: A new mode on list pages is added to enable users to analyze and pivot data directly in the client.
In conclusion, the 2023 release wave 1 of Dynamics 365 Business Central includes several improvements to the application. With improved intercompany capabilities, organizations can manage multiple companies better.
The application includes enhanced supply chain capabilities, enabling organizations to run their inventory and warehouse processes more efficiently. To improve productivity, the application features Visual Studio Code AL Explorer, and improved collaborative business processes in Microsoft Teams. The release includes a set of self-service features to help administrators manage their environments better.
How LogixCare SB can Help?
LogixCare Solution for business is a comprehensive service that specializes in providing implementation, migration, and customization services for Dynamics 365 Business Central, CRM, and Power Platform. This solution is designed to help businesses streamline their operations and increase efficiency by leveraging the powerful features of Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 suite of products.
One of the key services offered by LogixCare Solution is the implementation of Dynamics 365 Business Central. This involves complete setup to meet the specific needs of a business, configuring modules, and training employees on how to use the system effectively. By implementing Dynamics 365 Business Central, businesses can gain a 360-degree view of their operations and make informed decisions based on real-time data.